Solicitor Director / Trial Advocate
Roland Day as a young man was accepted as an officer cadet in the Royal Military College Duntroon and trained as a soldier with the Army and then later as a Police Officer in the New South Wales Police attaining vast experience in general duties, investigations and more particularly prosecuting.Roland resigned from the Police to take up a position as a Solicitor gaining extensive experience, especially in the area of Criminal defence work. Roland went on to become the Principle Solicitor of a major Community Legal Service in New South Wales.
In recent years Roland was appointed as a Magistrate for the State of New South Wales eventually resigning to take up a position as the Manager of Marsdens Law Group’s Criminal Practice for six Legal offices in Sydney. Roland is qualified to be both a Solicitor and a Barrister.
Roland has invested with our company with a view to promoting the concept of providing ongoing professional and focused legal support, services and advice to security personnel who are regularly the focus of investigations by Police as a result of the use of lawful and sometimes unlawful force. Roland is now the General Manager and Solicitor Director of our company and we are pleased to be able to offer his services to our clients.
Examine the resume below for some idea of the vast experience referred to. You would appreciate how this type of experience will promote very educated and experienced legal representation:
- Royal Military College, Duntroon – Officer Cadet Training Course
- Trained Soldier
- Trained Police Officer
- Criminal Investigator for the New South Wales Police Service
- General Duties Policing
- Breath Analysis Operator
- Highway Patrol Experience
- Licensing Experience
- Motor Accidents Investigation Course and Experience
- Trainee Prosecuting Officer
- Distinction pass in Police Prosecutors Training Certificate Course
- Extensive training in all facets of Criminal and Quasi Criminal Prosecutions before the Local Court, Children’s Court, Coroners Court, Licensing Court, and Traffic Court.
- Liaison with the Judiciary, Legal Officers, Court Staff, Defendants, Respondents, Complainants, Applicants and Appellants.
- Prosecutor/Coroners Assistant Sydney Metropolitan Area – All manner of indictable and summary prosecutions, inquests into deaths and inquiries into fires by the Coroner.
- Prosecutions on behalf of the Roads & Traffic Authority, Fisheries, National Parks and Wildlife, State Forests, Commonwealth & State DPP
- Lecturer for the Detectives and Investigators Training Courses for the New South Wales Police Service
- Lecturer in Criminal Law, Evidence, Practice & Procedure for New South Wales Police Prosecutors Training Unit
- Credit Pass in Four week intensive Commercial Crime Certificate Course
- Criminal Prosecutor/Coroners Assistant Country Relief
- Specialist prosecutor Major Crime
- Specialist prosecutor Commercial Crime
- Specialist Prosecutor Child Sexual Assault
- Senior Criminal Prosecutor / Coroners Investigator North West New South Wales
- Senior Criminal Prosecutor / Coroners Investigator North Coast New South Wales
- Certified Conciliation Officer for the New South Wales Police Service
- Office Manager/Solicitor Taree Community Legal Office – District and Supreme Court experience in New South Wales
- Completed the Advanced Advocacy Institute Course in Cross Examination
- Clinical Lecturer Newcastle University – Criminal Advocacy I-II for final year students at Law
- Principal Solicitor & Office Manager Newcastle Legal Office
- Clinical Lecturer Newcastle University Criminal Practice
- Criminal Advocacy I-II for final year students at Law
- 2001 – Appointed Magistrate – Local Courts – State of New South Wales
- 2003 – Criminal Law Manager – MARSDENS LAW GROUP
- 2004 – General Manager and Solicitor Director – Intercept Group Pty Ltd – T/as INTERCEPT LAW
- AWARD 1996 – The National Medal for service to the community
- 2004 – 2011 – DIRECTOR TRAINING COMPANY – Managing various aspect of a large private training organisation. Also lecturing in legal matters to numerous persons training in security and other public oriented occupations. Constantly advising on employment issues to large businesses and occupational health and safety
- 2014 – Sold Intercept Law Pty Ltd opening a new legal firm ABSOLVE LEGAL at Wallsend aiming at the provision of quality legal services and advice throughout the State of New South Wales